Thursday 13 October 2011

Inspiration On A Rainy Day

"Your only identity is I AM undefined and infinite. Any label you give yourself limits yourself. - Deepak Chopra"

"Imagine loving yourself the way you would love your own child. What can you do to express this love? Brainstorm a list of tangible things you can do today, this week and this month to pamper, honor and nurture yourself. Write yourself a love letter and read it over daily."

I am not sure who wrote the last one, but writing myself a "love" letter to read over daily would be a bit difficult for me to do.  Does that mean I don't love myself?  I don't think so.  I have gotten so much better about allowing myself to accept gifts, compliments and to even pamper myself in ways I never thought I would do before.  Yesterday I was out running errands.  My hair looked pretty good and I decided to stop and get a passport photo done since mine will expire in March and I want to get it done before holidays in December.  They do not allow smiling for these photos so I always look like a thug anyway... but wow, was I ever surprised that the thug with the nice hair looked so haggard in the face!  It is time for a makeover, is what!!  

On the way home I stopped at Merle Norman and set up an appointment to get my makeup done.  I need new cosmetics anyway.  As I was driving home I was about to pass a neighborhood spa and made a quick turn and rolled the dog around in the back seat as I did so.  (She hates it when that happens.  I forgot she was back there.)  I went in and asked if I could get my brows waxed and a manicure.  The girl that does it won a grand prize in all of Canada for her work with waxing and nails but she is working with her mother who owns the salon.  She also has a love interest in town as well, so she isn't marketing herself as you might expect.  She was just finishing up with a client when I walked in and she took care of me right away.  I also set up an appointment with her for some pampering next week.  So how is that for pampering and nurturing myself?  I didn't make a list as suggested above and I didn't plan it when I left the house.  It just happened.  I didn't think about it too much and didn't have to talk myself into it as I would have in the old days when I believed it to be too selfish and that perhaps I was not deserving.  

I am different and I like feeling deserving.  I like myself and I am still working on the love part.  I am open to it, but I didn't get like this overnight.  Progress is happening.  

I totally believe the first paragraph of this post.  I have limited myself with labels in the past.  It is so simple and so freeing.  

I am.

Life is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment