Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sometimes it is just the simple things in life that can make us grin and feel good, even if it isn't our best day.  

We live in a city with a big network of paths and trails and this is a town that loves it's dogs.  When I look outside my home office window, or when I am driving past any entrance to the park across the way from us, there are always a lot of people out walking with their dogs.  But what really makes me grin is seeing the dogs who are carrying whatever beloved ball or toy in their mouths, straining on the leash, tail up and wagging, a trot that can't be mistaken for anything other than a happy swagger, and heading for the park.  I saw one today with a deflated basketball in it's mouth, standing next to his master while waiting for the light to change so they could cross over into the park.  I don't know what the dog thought was so cool about that ball but he was obviously proud of it.

It's not a wonder that science has shown that having a pet brings down high blood pressure for their humans.  How could you not forget your stress for a moment when a dog comes along to show you that Life Is Good?

No comments:

Post a Comment